What are the requirements to take the Intro or the Basic Rider Course?
You must be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 years old, a parent or legal guardian must be present at the beginning of the class to sign the waiver form. You must be able to ride a bicycle.
What do I need to bring to class?
Classroom: Picture ID, pen and paper to take notes. We provide a student notebook.
1) Over the ankle boots so that the ankle bone is fully covered, boots with good sturdy soles (see some examples under terms and conditions).
2) Long sleeve denim pants or of equivalent durability. No holes, tears, cuffs or baggy pants will be allowed as some can get caught on the foot pegs. No spandex or sweatpants.
3) Long sleeves shirts or jackets to fully cover the arms and below the waist (even if it is hot outside)
4) Full fingered gloves preferably leather
5) Rain gear since the class will take place rain or shine
6) If you want to bring your own helmet, make sure it is DOT approved and it has a face shield to protect your eyes at all time.
7) Bandanna to wear under the helmet. “NO SKIN AT ANYTIME”.
If you are have questions about your riding gear,please consult with your coach as failure to wear appropriate gear will result in dismissal of the student WITHOUT refund.
8) bring some snacks and water.
Bring water or non alcoholic beverages, something to eat or snacks as vending facilities may not be readily available during break time.
Can my Groupon be used after the expiration date?
We encourage our Grouponers to use their vouchers as soon as possible; however, in case you are unable to use it by the expiration date, we will honor the amount that you paid towards any of our classes.
What motorcycle will I ride?
All the motorcycles in our fleet are 250cc: Kawasaki ninjas, Honda Nighthawks and Yamaha XT. The scooter will only be available upon request.
How do I get my motorcycle license?
After successful completion of the Basic Rider Course, meaning passing the written and skill tests, a completion card will be issued to you after the class. You will then have to take it to the DMV withing 90 days to get your motorcycle license. You will have to take the eye exam again, but you will NOT have to take their skill and written tests.